Wednesday 18 September 2019

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

We went on our field trip to Heritage Park today and the students learned several things:

- I learned that wetlands are very important to First Nations people and settlers
- I learned that bugs love to hide on cattails
- I learned that settlers had to dig wells 50 feet deep for water
- I learned that there are leeches in wetlands
- I learned that a wetland is like a shopping store for First Nations people with all the plants and animals
- I learned that beavers help start wetlands
- I learned that a type of tree gives you sunscreen
- I learned that First Nations people used cattail stems like a cucumber
- I learned about insects and different types that help wetlands
- I learned that there can be different colors of side-swimmers

Agenda:
1. Read 20 minutes
2. Line Art - due Thursday
*No School - Friday
*Picture Day - Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.